Teen, undergoing swimming training, have sore and achy muscles since couple of years. Is it due to growing phase?

Hi Doctor, My son has just turned 15. He is a swimmer training about 16 hours a week and has done so for the last couple of years. For the last week he has been complaining about sore and achy muscles. He is not getting sick. Could this be because he is going into a growth phase? He is about 5 8 and seems to be a late developer.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Hi...if only a particular group of muscles are involved then that part needs rest..there has been an injury to them...a sprain...and rest will heal it...and if its the whole body then your son is overworked and needs a break from training...

Dr. Ashish Verma