Teen, suffering with palpitations, anxiety, normal ECG, CBC, ECHO. Prescribed Ca Ch blocker. Is it safe at this age?

Dear sir, being a mbbs pass out myself ..i have a patient a young boy 18yrs complaining of palpitations and anxiety . i reffered him to a cardiologist where he got an ECG , CBC and an ECHO done ( all normal) his HR: 89bpm , BP 80/60 mmhg..he comes back to me unsatisfied and to confirm the treatment ...the cardiologist had given him an Anxiolytic and Ca ch blocker (calaptin 40mg) to be taken TDS for a month without giving even a provisional diagnosis?? my question is what may be the reason and is it safe and red to take Ca ch blockers TDS for a month for his age...What should i do??
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012