Teen, has unexplained weight loss, complains of dizziness, weird thigh pain, is being plagued with smell of things burning. Cause?

My son has had unexplained weight loss , 35 pounds in three months. In the last week he has begun complaining of dizziness (more in the morning) Some weird upper thigh pain, but most concerning, today he was plagued by the smell of things burning. At school, his friends smelled nothing... Nor did I when he complained about the smell of burning rubber. He is 16... What could this be? Where should I look to get answers?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012