Teen, get frequent black outs, have severe headache and dizziness during the spell. Advice?

My son is 18 year old. For the past 5 years he has been getting black outs once a year.. when it occurs, he gets severe head ache and dizziness .. it fades away only when he sleeps for two to three hours. but the whole day, he is uncomfortable. When I visited the neurologist , he adviced us to take a tablet when the episode occurs. other than this no medication is required. What should i do ? should i just be with it. or do i visit any other doctor. can you pls advice me.. am really worrried ?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012