Teen daughter loosing weight despite big appetite, what could it be?

My daughter is 17 and we are a bit comcerned. She is or seems healthy however, she has dropped from 128 down to 107 in the past 4 months. This past week she dropped from 111 to 107 alone. She is about 5'3" tall. My daughter eats and eats well. She consumes at least 2000 calories per day and in many cases she eats about 3000. The only thing we can thing of is she used to be in a very intense cheer gymnastics program that she quit about 6 months ago. however, she still east the same and does not workout so this must not be it. Any ideas? Any underlying illnesses that might be causing this?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

I think this is not a panicky situation, but certainly needs a medical attention. Losing more than 20 pounds in just 4 months without intention of losing is a problem. I hope she has no problem of Anorexia or the Bulimic. Check for her menstrual periods. See the Doc.