Tearing eye after rotator cuff rupture and herniated discs. Related symptoms?

I have zero history of any eye problems, I wear glasses only for reading, my eyesight has always been perfect. I recently injured myself in a heavy lifting accident, resulting in the complete rupture of my rotator cuff on the right shoulder . This same accident caused 2 herniated discs in my cervical spine (c3-c4) as well as a 2 mm retrolisthesis of c4 upon c5. Now my left eye tears constantly for no reason. There is no irritation, no corneal scratching , nothing happened that would explain this physically... my question is this: Is it possible that the neck / shoulder injury could be a factor in this sudden onset of constant tearing of the left eye?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013