Tear in the long head of the bicep after punching causing soreness. Had stopped lifting heavy things post a similar episode. What treatment should be taken?

Hey hows it going im 19 and i love to work out but probably about 2 years ago or so i was in football and i think not positive but was doing tire flips and later that night noticed that my bicep had like a tear or split in the middle of the long head but i continued to lift on it pretty much then i stopped lifting sometime after football ended but now ive been lifting consistantly for 6 months and it happened again but from punching my bag. I have a picture of this one. Right now it still has the dip in it and sore
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would recommend you to get the MRI of the shoulder . And also show it to a orthopaedic surgeon . It may be a problem which can be corrected surgically. Till that time you can do hot water fomentation and take Brufen tablet for pain relief.