Tampon inserted, one more tampon put in, abdominal pain, vaginal leakage on removal. Treatment?

I accidentally forgot I had a tampon in and put another one in on top. The first one got lodged way inside and I had to ask my partner to get it out the following day once I realized what had happened. I now have extreme pain inside my abdomen on the left side where the tampon was lodged. I also feel like I have to use the restroom all the time and than I have to use effort to prevent leakage. What to do?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Thanks for consulting us.
Forgotten or retained tampons are a known cause of infection. This is really good that you have finally removed it, but your symptoms suggest infection. It is advisable that you visit a Gynecologist for local examination to exclude or treat infection. Get a urine test done as you are possibly suffering from a urinary tract infection as well.
Once the infection is confirmed, a course of specific Antibiotics are likely to help you.
Best regards.