Talking to oneself, violent at times, eases with medicines. Cause and cure?

Dear Sir, My brother Rajan has a mental problem since 11 years. His problem is that he always talks to himself and sometimes becomes violent. He has been taking medicine from beginning itself, but after taking medicine, he becomes lazy and less talks to himself. Every time this problem is regenerated if someone says something wrong to him or he feels wrong words from the receiver. This problem started when his lover dumps him. Regards, Rajani
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013