Talking to myself, unable to control it, problem since childhood. Treatment?

My problem is talking by my self ,since I was a kid,but now is becoming a big problem with my family they think is I m awkward & the big problem is some times I can t control it & I talk loudlley ,,I have a daughter she is 13yrs ,she feel a shame when her Freind come to our place & hear me talking. So do I need to see a doctor ,, but always my dad was telling me since I was young is not a bad habit is only because I don t like to argue with people and is normal nothing wrong with me. I would like to know your opinion
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012

I do not think you need medications for this problem. However, it is becoming a disturbance to others. It is better to make an attempt and get rid of it.

You may speak to a speech therapist regarding this or simply speak to a Psychiatrist about this.

You will soon learn to talk in a lower tone.

Finally, there is nothing abnormal with you. Some people normally talk loud.

Hope this helps.