Taking zopiclone since a long term, worsening insomnia. Slowly trying to withdraw. How long will this last?

My doctor put me on zopiclone 2+ years ago, sayi g it was safe for long term use, I was on a benign amount (7.5mg) and that lots of people take them for the rest of their lives. My insomnia is worsening as the pills are no longer effective. I refuse to take more even though my doctor told me to double my dose. I am instead slowly withdrawing from it according to my pharmacist s directions. But I am only getting one to two hours of sleep. How long can I last this way. I have insisted on going to a sleep clinic and Instarted the Sleepio CBT program.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013