Taking zonigran and depakote for epileptic seizures. Why can't I drink grapefruit juice? Have become forgetful

I am an epileptic who takes Zonigran and Depakote for grand-mal seizures. I am wondering why I shouldn t drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking Zonigran and if this applies to other citrus fruits. Why does Zonigran cause your body to retain amonia? I have read my drug interaction pamphlets but they were not specific and I cannot remember what my epileptoligist explained to me. The Zonigran makes me very forgetful. Could you please advise?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013