Taking zoloft and vyvanse. Can take dayquil for cold

I take zoloft and vyvance daily. May I take Dayquil for a terrible cold also or should I avoid?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Thanks for posting your query in HealthCareMagic.
Dayquil containing acetaminophen+dextromethorphan+pseudoephedrine should not be taken with antidepressant-Zoloft and CNS stimulant-Vyvanse without consulting your psychiatrist.
These drugs can interact and produce side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts have been reported. Combining these medications can also increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome.You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!