Taking yaz since several years. Bleeding. Prescribed sprintec and started bleeding. Why has bleeding occured so soon?

I had been taking yaz for several years, 3 months at a time, skipping placebos for the first 2 months and having a bleed at the end of the third. This January my doctor decided to switch me to Sprintec following the same directions as the yaz. I finished the cycle of yaz I was on at the time. I just started the Sprintec this month. I am halfway through a pack of the Sprintec and have started bleeding . What is with that???
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012
Hi. you haven't mentioned the severity of bleeding. If it is just spotting then don't worry, It can happen due to sprintec. If bleeding is more then consult your doctor.