Taking valacyclovir for shingles. Can I use the same medication on face?

I am 49 years old, I have a mild case of shingles . First breakout and my first sign was Sunday and i went to doctor on Monday. I started valacyclovir on Monday. I keep looking for others breakouts but nothing other than my right side and lower back. The top and back of my head seems tingly at times but so far that s it. My question apples to my facial skin seems like its very dry and some blotchy redness is appearing is this related?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013