Taking trimethoprim for urinary infection. Headaches, burning pain while urination. History of IBS

i have been tested for a urine infection and it came out possible. I have been taking trimethoprim 3 times and have 3 left. Have had bad headches and was wondering what is the best quickest least side effect antibiotic. Also, what does possible urine infection mean. How likely it is that I do not have that. I had a burning pain when I and a need to urinate a lot, but I also have IBS and read that that can cause similar symptoms. If I miss a dose one is due now and do not take it until the morning will it still work, or will i have to start again.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013