Taking treatment for whooping cough, breathlessness at night. Child tested positive for whooping cough. What is going on?

I ve had a daughter whose serum test, tested positive for whooping cough . I have also been treated for whooping cough but not tested. I had a cough just thinking it was sinus infection & not whooping cough. The cough is alot better but 2 times in the last week I have woken up in the middle of the night & i am gasping for air. I have coughed during this & it only seems to last for like 30-60 seconds. It has happened to me once during the day. What is possibly going on?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012