Taking tetralysal for acne. Reddish painful pimples. Can I increase the dosage?

Hi, I ve been taking Tetralysal for a bit over four weeks now for acne . I had moderate acne before, but it was worse than I ve ever had. Now it has gotten completely worse, and I have broken out everywhere on my face. Also it has gotten extremely red and it s painful. I don t want to give up on the antibiotic , as it s my only hope, but I am really upset that this has happened. I am thinking of upping my dose to twice daily, because I know some people do that. I really need this skin problem to go away. Also I wash my face twice daily and put cream that the derm prescribed as well. My skin just feels really irritated and like it s getting worse daily. Any advice?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012