Taking synthroid after having half thyroid removed, dry skin, hair loss, dry, non-productive cough, weight gain, tiredness, sore joints, ankles swollen. Hashimoto's disease?

Is it possible to have Hashimoto s (something I just learned about) if you ve been taking synthroid (100mg) for over 20 years? Can t figure out why I m always so exhausted and have a chronic cough . I m a woman age 50. Had my neck palpitated over 20 years ago when doctor suspected goiter and was sent to thyroid doctor who found lumps , did a needle biopsy which came back inconclusive, they removed half my thyroid (determined not cancer) and put me on 100 mg synthroid. It never made me feel better and I always asked if my dosage was correcd because always so tired but no one would do anything since it was always in range . I have dry skin , my hair is falling out, dry non-productive cough, weight gain and fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow (always tired). Some mornings when I get out of bed my ankles and joints are sore and my ankles are swollen. So frustrating.:(
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  115 Awaiting Answer