Taking sumatriptan succinate injection, area above the knee one should inject

I was put on sumatriptan succinate injection . i was on it before a long time ago. I was living with my mom who is a ER/Trama Nurse/Supervisor. when the doc put me on this i was not comfortable at the time doing my self so my mom did it for me. I just found out I am elligable for VA benifits i am now able to get back meds. this is a new type but even if it was not i am still un sure where on my thigh or arm i should inject it. I used it yesterday it worked ok but not as well as when the doc gave it to me. I called the nurses hotline they it was prob because i did not place it correctly. how far above the knee should i inject it and where on the arm. when the doc gave in my thigh i had no soreness. but when i did it its not brused but it feels that way and it kinda still hurts.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012