Taking steroid treatment for RA. Having diabetes currently. Induced by seroids?

Could I have been misdiagnosed with diabetes on the 22/10/ 2012? I have RA and have been given Steroid treatment for 5 years. During this time not one doctor checked my blood glucose levels. On my test the fasting was 145 - and after sugar drink was 200. I stopped taking prednisolone and one week later my levels were all normal. I even gave myself the OGTT using lucozade. My fasting was 100 and 2 hours after finishing the drink it was 150. Could I have had steroid induced diabetes instead?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012