Taking spasmoproxyvon in gaps. Body aches, pain in stomach while stopping medication. Solution?

Doctor i m tckng spasmoproxyvon for like 1 year but leaving a gap of 2 months, 1 month.. Weeks ,two weeks .. And that gaps are when i come back to my home.. But when i go back to my hostel i again start having it.. My doses are 4 to 6 caps a day.. When i try to quite it , The first night my whole body aches.. And i cnt sleep at night n my toilets are nt being proper.. But earlier during my gaps i could tolerate it.. Bt now its geting worse.. I really wanna quite my stomach is acheng a hell n m a man of thinking and on top of that m having those weird thoughts.. Like till when? Why? What m gonna do? I'll die? Suicide? Help me
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

Spasmo Proxyvon contains dextropropoxyphene which is a weak opioid (opium-like) agent and it can get addictive in many patients. You must gradually reduce the dose slowly but steadily and surely over the next few weeks. With a strong will power, it is not difficult. Please keep in mind that the situation will become worse if you do not stop now and he may need to go to a de-addiction centre.

Hope this helps