Taking siphene, optogest, no periods yet. Should it be continued or stopped?

my wife s LMP was 23 nov 2012, she is given SIPHENE for 5days and then OPTOGEST-200mg from 5th DEC, (the day when follicle ruptured) she is taking it till today & not got periods yet. shoul she take more optogest or stop it? is there any adverse effect of this drug on fetus? we are frighten as we have autistic twins.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Hi. She should go to her dr. and get a pregnancy test or confirm it by scan.However, Optogest is micronised progesterone and safe in pregnancy and it is for maintainence of pregnancy. It can be continued in first trimester of pregnancy aswell. So, she may continue it without fear and get her test done. Also take folic acid if you are trying to conceive.