Taking sesonique since years, had period twice in a month, suspected premenopause. Opinion?

48 Yrs old and have been taking seasonique/seasonale for many years. This past month I have gotten my period twice- both times when it would normally come if I wasnt taking the continuous pills. First time was 3 weeks after starting a new pill pack, and then again 29 days later. normal period, no cramping or anything. I actually work for a group of OBGYNS and they all have waved me off saying its probly premenopause. Whats your opinion? Should I continue the pill as normal , perhaps stop altogether and see what happens, or try a different one?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013