Taking seroquel therapy for anxiety disorder, have sleeping problems, weight gain, do not want to stop using it. Any help?

Yes. I once saw a psychiatrist who, after only 1 month, prescribed 300 mg. seroquel because she believed I had Bipolar II. I don t believe 1 month was enough time for such a diagnosis. That was about 8 years ago and I don t see her any more. I continue the seroquel. However, I m having sleep problems consisting of waking up on the floor, falling into my bathtub which causes me to wake up, falling into my wall causing damage to me and the wall also causing me to wake up. Further, I have gained 80 lbs since beginning therapy . I am titrating down am now at 250 mg. I am currently prescribed the seroquel from a MD treating my panic/ anxiety disorder . He, Dr. F.J.Pepper in Alexandria VA, doesn t seem to be to be very concerned. I am. I don t know what to do. I live alone and am concerned that I may end up and the bottom of my stairs with who-knows what damage, if not death. Any help would be appreciated Sorry, I ve not the funds to receive an answer. I live at 6043 Hydrangea Drive, Alexandria, VA 0000 703=922-8724. I m very concerned but do not want to stop seroquel all at once as the w/drawl problems may cause more medical concerns that I have right now. Thank you for reading.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012