Taking seasonale birth control. Will i get my period if i stop taking the pill?

Hi Dr. Grief. I am currently taking Seasonale birth control . I was wondering if it would be ok/safe to not take the last week of my active pills in order to get my period one week sooner. I am going on vacation and of course that is the week im scheduled to get my period. Im not trying to skip my period, but just to get it sooner. What do you think? A C
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

You can consider doing this (stopping early) or you can continue into the next pack to prevent to period from occurring.

In addition, there is a medication called norethisterone that is used to delay periods. It is taken 3 to 4 days prior to the onset of the period and continued for up to 2 weeks or until you wish to have your period.

You can discuss these options with your doctor to find out which would best suit you.

I hope this helps