Taking risperidone for autism. What are the risks if medicine is not taken?

My son is 14 years old and has autism he is now been prescribed rispardon to address some of his behaviours.I am very worried to give him the drug because of several side effects his autism is moderate to severe with severe learning difficulties.if we do not give him drugs is there a chance that his autism gets worse eg rigidities obsessive and strereo type behaviours he already has them all but we are managing he is also non verbal ....Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012