Taking prozac for depression. Medication changed to Effexor. How can I stop medication?

I have been on prozac for 2 years. I have found that in the past 3 months it has been lacking in its ability. I am depressive. I had my doctor move me over to Effexor about 2 weeks ago. Weening me off prozac for 1 week, taking half the amount proscribed. With this I took 1 pill of effexor for 1 week. Then i was bumped to 2 for a week. Ive been feeling more depressed. Its having an impact on my relationship. Is this normal when changing meds?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012