Taking piosys and glykind M since from last 2 years on doctor s advice. Do they have any side effects?

I am taking piosys ( pioglitazone ) 7.5mg once daily after b/f & 1/2 tablet Glykind M ( twice, before b/f & before dinner ).
My query is : Are there any side effects to be worried about ?. Also, is there a possibility of potassium leaching through urine resulting in Hyper tension ? I see white stubborn froth in the urine in the commode whenever I urinate.
I have been taking this combination on doctor's advice ( diabetologist ) for the last 2 years.I am 63 and on a very regular swimming routine of 45 minutes ( non- stop) daily and moderately strict diet control.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013