Taking pills for epilepsy over 10 years, no symptoms now. Shall i continue? Any side effects?

By consulting doctor he advised me to take eptoin 100mg 2 tab daily at night this was in 1995 continued till 2000 and again consulted and continued till 2002. after this I am not consulted doctor and continuing the same dose for the last 10yrs. in this period I had no epileptic symptoms. but because of some family situations I am not able to consult doctor for this . Is it any problem for me to continuing this medicine. what are the side effects. can I stop it atonce. Please help me
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013