Taking pencillin for tonsillitis. Having itchy hives around knees and back of leg. Taking paracetamol and ibruprofen to control pain. Is it a reaction?

Hi, I currently have tonsillitis and I m on my third dose of penicillin however I seem to have broken out in itchy hives around my knees and the back of my legs? I ve been alternating paracetamol and ibruprofen throughout the day to control the pain. I figure the hives are a reaction to something but I m not sure what. I have taken all of this medication before without such a reaction. Please can you advise?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012