Taking omeprazole and kaimosin for ankle sprain. Why am I prescribed with omeprazole?

Hi, I had a ankle sprain , doctor that i consulted with gave the below prescription and asked me to tie the grip-band in the injured area and not to walk for a week. Tablets/Capsues prescribed: 1. Omeprazole 20mg 2. Kaimosin-D When i search the use of Omeprazole capsule in intenet, i shocked as it is used for digestive disorders . Can i take the prescribed medicines?. Thanks in advance for you help. Thanks & Regards, Srini
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013