Taking nexito, etillam and ativan. What are the side effects? How to treat depression without medication?

Hello , what are the side effects of NEXITO , ETILLAM and ATIVAN and is it compulsory to take these , i mean can we try to improve mental health and depression by talking or meditation etc, my mother was showing signs of depression after all other alternate treatments we finally decided to consult a psychiatric but the nature of her problem is very small, even the doctor said that this can only be resolved by talking with family members i can only give medicine to calm down your brain, my mother had an assumption that psychiatrist can give medicine that can remove negative thoughts from her brian , now after bringing the medicine , i have also given her the details of side effects of these stuff, and how can these medicines become addictive and damage her natural way of living, so she is considering not to take them , and we are also encouraging her to talk with use to mediate keep herself busy is this possible , can we try treating this way
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012