Taking morphine for sleep apnea. Breathing problem due to asthma and allergy. Swollen neck and throat. How can I come off medication?

I have sleep apnea and am being treated with morphine by a pain management Dr. I know this is not a good combination and have problems breathing even with the Bi Pap due to sinus issues, asthma , and allergies. All these issues are taking a toll on me to the point I m afraid, I ve even noticed my neck and throat are swollen each day which is another problem I do not know what to do? I m telling my Doctors but honestly don t think they know either. I d like to get off the pain meds but after 6yrs know the withdraws would be too intense. What would you advise if you were my Doctor? P.S. I am 51 and under 115lbs so weight is not an issue.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013