Taking mononessa from past one year. Changed to sprintec. Had no sugar pill at the end of pack. Had intercourse. Am I still protected?

I have been taking Mononessa for the past year regularly and skipping periods so they re only every 3 months. Last month I was switched by my pharmacist to Sprintec, which I believe is another version of Mononessa. I decided to have my period and did not take the sugar pills at the end of the pack. I start my new BC pack today and had intercourse last night, was I still protected on the last day of my period?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
since you were only off the pills for the week you had your period, you are still protected from pregnancy. nothing to worry about, please let me know if you have any more questions.