Taking minocyline for acne treatment. Loose stools, cramping, bloating, gas, nausea and heartburn. Side effects of drug ?

I have been on and off various antibiotics for years for the treatment of acne and, until recently, have never had a problem. Most recently, I was on Bactrim for a year and then two weeks ago, I switched to minocyline. I was only on it for 3 days before I stopped using it because my stomach was not reacting well to it. I was fine for a few days after that, until, a few days later, my stomach began acting up again with loose stools , cramping, bloating , gas, nausea, and heartburn . This has been going on for 7 days. I have heard of C. difficile as a result of antibiotic use and I am worried that this could be the reason for my stomach problems. I saw one doctor and they said they did not think it was c. diff because I was not on the antibiotic for very long. Eventually, I ended up in the E.R for stomach pains. They did blood work and an ultrasound there (though no stool sample) and said everything looked fine and chopped it up to gastroenteritis, but I m still worried c. difficile could be to blame?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012