Taking methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis. Got ulcers, infections. Substitute?

hi there having been diagnosed 5 yrs ago with rhuematoid arthritis ..i find most medications prescribed have a negative impact on my health...the latest drug being methotrexate brings up complications the last being tb for which i was prescribed 9 month course of antibiotics which initially helped...each time i go on methotrexate i end up with ulcers and there any substitute for this ...i am just still managing to work part time..and am a young 50 yr old female...i would appreciate your feedback...
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013