Taking metformin and glipize. High sugar levels. Does the difference in manufacture of medication affect the sugar levels?

Hello, I have been taking metformin 1000mg 2x a day, and glipize 10mg 2x a day. For the past 2 months, I have experienced an increase of blood sugar result in the morning. It has been 150 and up. Before that it was 125 to 145. I didn't change any way of eating and I even converted from white rice to brown rice since lent started and I am determined to continue the brown rice. I lost my job last October and lost my health insurance as well. I had Medi-cal and used CVS for my meds but now I have a high share of cost for Medi-cal. I stopped using Medi-cal and went to walmart generic program. I noticed that when I had Kaiser meds, my blood sugar was lower than when I went to CVS and Walmart? Will it vary per Manufacturer? Or it is because I am also stressed and worried for not having a job and in financial hardship? I have been trying to apply for a job and it's not coming yet. I am a single mom with 2 kids (one in college). I am relying on unemployment benefits and pulling out my retirement each month to help with our financial issues since the unemployment benefits is not enough.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013