Taking metformin. Have tachycardia, lightheadedness, chest pain. Side effects?

I was reading about a woman who was experiencing post pradnial hypoglycemia on this site, experiencing adrenaline rush symptoms after eating. I have taken Metformin for roughly 4 years. The first three and a half years, I was on 1000 mg BID. About 6 months ago, my dose was reduced to 750mg ER BID. My past two meals were both high carb meals, consisting of pasta. I generally do not eat that much pasta, but had a craving. Both times, I have had the same effects. Heart pounding, tachycardia , light headed, even chest/ left upper quadrant pain. Would high carb meals while on Metformin 750 ER cause such sypmtoms? I am 35 y/o, male. 6 0 , 215 lbs. Other medications include lisinopril/HCTZ 20/12.5 QAM, Tricor 145 QAM, Metoprolol 50 ER QAM, Norco Q4H prn chronic pain. Recent lipids testing came back normal less than 6 months ago.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012