Taking medroxyprogesterone, for missing period. Got spotting to light bleeding, birth control pill to start. Soon?

I finished medroxyprogesterone a couple days ago in order to resolve my missing period of 8 months. Yesterday I just received spotting and I actually needed to use a tampon. The light flow has continued on today and I'm not sure if I got my real period back or not. I have also been waiting to get on birth control and was hoping to start today. Is it too soon? Should I wait to see if I actually get a legitimate period next month?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013