Taking medicines for Diabetes. Have low weight. Prescribed Germer 2. Increased weight. Advised due to side effects and changed to Glycephage. <br>Better one?

Sir, I am on diognosis for typeII diabetese for an year now. Initially When tested for the first time my fasting BS was240 and PP was 360. I was dignoised with Volix and With strict diet control. After a month my Fasting BS was 140 and PP 190. During 2nd month it further reduced to 125 and 146 respectively. Thereafter my tablets were changed to Glycephage2 and Amaryl . with same result in the 3rd month. This was continued for long.However, I am slim and my body weight remained the same all throuhout Nearly 50 Kgs,with hight of 166Cms.. which was also a cause of concern for me. Then my physician prescribed me Gemer2. and I saw increase in my body weight for about 7 Kgs.. in a month, with BS level in the same range of 121and 146 and I was happy with these results. However, another physician in the same wellness centre suggested that the increase in body weight due to Gemer2 is a side effect of the medicine and this is not good for me and he changed the tablet to Glycephage2 1/2in the morning and Amaryl twice a day. Now I am a bit worried as whether I should change the tablets as suggested by the physician now or Ishould continue with Gemer2 which has given me good results.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012