Taking medicine for concentration. How long should the medicine be taken for it to be effective?

Hello Doctor I want to start taking methylfenidaat HCI to help me to concentrate. Can you please tell me for how long as I have to wait to see the effect of the medecine? Becuase currently I am doing a reserach which needs my full concentration and focus. What do you advice me? Thank you so much and looking for your reply
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
If you feel better continue for 9 months taper it to minimum dose with breathing exercise and jogging.If that time no problem you can stop.medicine but continue your exercise.