Taking medications for asthma and lung infection. Have persistent cough. Should I go for amekacin injection?

hi, I have a cough persisted from last 15 days.... i have done Blood test and X-ray( chest )....Blood test showing some infection and X-ray report is normal. my cough is dry cough.....I am having my treatment from a doctor...he is giving medicines for Asthama and Lungs infection....My cough is still present. similar type of cough I had last year may2011 and the doctor adviced Amekacin injection and it was cured well. Please tell me whether i should go for Amekacin injection or should go for the treatment going on.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012