Taking medication for menstrual cramps. What are the side effects? Have irregular periods

Hi i am 20 years old and i started getting my period when i was 14 i would always tke pills to get rid of my cramps and i am sexually active last time i had sex was tuesday and got my period yesterday how come when i take my ibproufen pill it isn t effecting me also my other question it normal to have a period 2 times in one month it does not occur often but it still occur and lastly what is considered a normal period and at what age does it start to be normal and what are the side effects to an abnormal cycle
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012