Taking medication for graves, gained weight, changed diet. Purple veins under the tongue. Is it normal?

I have Graves & have been taking methimazole 30 mg and propanolol 80 mg daily for 2 years already. Since starting the medication I have gained over 30 lbs. I ve drastically changed my diet over the past 3 months eating more beans, whole grains, raw veggies and fruits & have cut out white rice, sugar, margarine and junk food. I notice, I do feel a lot better and have even dropped some weight especially in the belly area - however, I just noticed these purple veins under my tongue this morning - they don t hurt but look terrible. Just wondering if that s normal??
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012