Taking medication for Hashimotos disease. Lost voice, sore throat, popping sound in thyroid area. Reason?

Hello, I have Hashimotos disease & I am currently taking 25 mcg Synthroid daily. During the past 2 months, many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism have returned. However, a blood test returned showing that my thyroid was stable. Over the weekend, my throat began to close up like an allergic reaction and I lost my voice. Within an hour I was fine. Two days later I have developed a sore throat with no other visible signs of sickness such as redness or spots on my throat. However, I discovered while massaging my throat area that it makes popping sounds as I touch the thyroid area. Does this sound like something associated with my thyroid, or just a bacterial/viral sickness?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012