Taking medication for BP, diabetes and cholesterol after bypass surgery. High BP levels after increasing the medication dosage. What could be the problem?

My dad had undergone a bypass surgery 2 years back . He is under medication for BP , diabetes and cholestrol . Cholestrol is completely under control .BP and diabetes are not completely under control but bot in a bad state too . Duringh the last one week his BP has increased and it doesnt go down even after increasing the medicine doses. What can be the issue ?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012