Taking lowplat plus after angioplasty, platelet count always remains on the lower side. What should be done?

I have been taking Lowplat plus after the Angeoplasty in 2004. Initialy I was told that I should stop Lowplat tab after 9 months of angeoplasty. After about three years Dr advised me to start taking lowplat again. I was also advised in 2004 that I should get my platelet count after every two weeks. My platelet count remains on the lower side, 130 -140, The range is between 150 - 400 x 10 ^ 9 /l . Last weeks test shows platelet count 116. Does lowplat plus has a effect on platelet count. What should I do to keep the platelet count within limits. Rashid Bhatti
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013