Taking loseasonique birth control, missed pills, had unprotected sex. Will expired pills be effective?

I am taking loseasonique birth control and i missed three pills this week and had unprotected sex. Next week is supposed to be when i take my yellow pills (when i get my period) But i was thinking to be safe and since i missed most of last weeks pills, i could start a new packet for a week then take the yellow ones of the old packet then go back to the new packet..would that work? Also, will the pills still be effective if they are expired 2 months?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012