Taking losar-25. Took Amlopres -5 mg. Started swelling near toe. Taking febuxostat. Is it safe to take these medicine?

Sir, i am 54 years old and for the last 10 years or more I have been taking Amlopres-5mg and losar-25. Recently I have encountered a serious problem of high uric acid levels around 8.4. It caused swelling near my right toe . I am taking febuxostat tablets 80 mg for nearly 2 weeks.But, the swelling is still prevailing. Some of my friends are giving me advice to change Amlopres -5 mg because according to them one of the side effects after long usage of Amlopres-5mg is swelling near right ankle.Moreover, I have found on internet that using febuxostat tablets 80 mg also worsens gout . Is that true???
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012